Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Super Easy Bread!


I must admit, I've never made bread before I came across this recipe. So, I don't know how easy it is compared to other ways, but I do know I love it. 

You need:

3 cups of flour- I used whole wheat.
1 3/4 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon quick rise yeast.
1 1/2 cup of water. 

Mix together everything dry first, and then add water.

Cover the bowl you used with wrapping plastic and let sit for 12-18 hours out on your counter-not the refrigerator. (I've gone a couple hours over 18 and it's still turned out fine)

(You can see my puppy paw prints from my previous post)
 
After the dough has sat for 12-18 hours heat your oven to 450 degrees.


Once your oven is preheated you're going to need a pot or casserole dish to bake your bread-remember it's going to rise and you need something you can cover.
I use a casserole dish.
Place your empty pot or dish in the oven with the lid in the oven for 30 minutes.


 
IMMEDIATELY after placing your pot or dish in the oven, dump your dough onto a floured surface and shape into a ball. It's important this is done immediately because the dough needs 30 minutes to rest after being shaped.

Once the 30 minutes has passed, plop your dough into your pot or dish and bake for 30 minutes.

Once the 30 minutes is up you will have a beautiful loaf of warm, yummy bread!

My top got a little smushed from the lid-oops



Had to add my "helpers" in. They're always by my side in the kitchen :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment