Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Puppy Paw Prints

We have gotten over a foot of snow here in the North Land, and they're predicting 4-10" more! So I got a snow day from work!
Awesome!
But I was already stir crazy from all my holiday PTO.
So I came up with a craft for myself, inspired by Pinterest.

This is SO easy!!

The clay is made with
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup corn starch
3/4 cup of water.

Combine mixture and put in small saucepan.

Stir constantly a few minutes over medium heat

When the mixture looks like this, it's ready!

Remove from heat and continue stirring until it looks like this

Wait until clay is cool enough to touch.

Roll into a ball and call your puppies!

I found it easiest to put the clay on the floor and then press my dog's paw firmly down to make an impression rather than how I have it pictured here.


Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes on each side. Baking times will vary with how thick the clay is. When the clay is wet it's kind of a greyish color and when it's fully baked it's a pure white. You can also feel for wet spots.

I chose to color in the paws with sharpies!



If you'd like to use them as Christmas ornaments be sure to make a hole for the string before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment